Thank you for being a part of the Seniors In Place family!
At Seniors In Place, there is nothing more important to us than the health and well-being of our clients, caregivers, and staff.
IMPORTANT: August 26, 2020
Seniors In Place Opens Its First Covid-19 Testing Center In New Jersey, An Important Step In Fighting The Pandemic
Seniors In Place, a top accredited “with distinction” healthcare service firm, has opened its first COVID-19 testing center, giving its Certified Home Health Aides and Registered Nurses critical access to being tested. Seniors In Place is one of a very few home health aide agencies in New Jersey with its own testing center.“This is the next step in assuring the safety of our senior clients,” says Adam Blecker, President, Seniors In Place. “Previously, we tested all our caregivers in other testing facilities. Now we can test in our own testing center. In the first two weeks, we tested 40% of our home health aides and Registered Nurses, all of whom tested negative for COVID-19. Our goal is to test 100% of our caregivers in our own testing center on an ongoing basis.”From the onset of this pandemic, Seniors In Place has remained ahead of curve by:
- Arranging for testing all caregivers in other testing facilities even before opening its own center
- Prioritizing the safety of clients and caregivers over everything else
- Providing access to personal protective equipment and remote education
- Developing an online portal for critical information
- Instituting a daily COVID-19 screening policy
- Quarantining employees who were in contact with COVID-19 patients – and continued to pay them
- Providing live-in care to reduce exposure
- Incorporating remote tele-health nursing
- Developing COVID-19 policies and procedures and re-developing them 13 times as more information became available
The Seniors In Place testing center adheres to a strict set of policies and procedures, and is able to get results back in 48 hours. This is a great accomplishment since most testing centers take weeks for results.
IMPORTANT: July 24, 2020
Seniors In Place Covid-19 Safety Protocol
- We prescreen all caregivers. We carefully meet and exceed all CDC guidelines. Our Director of Nursing re-writes the Seniors In Place protocol on an ongoing basis so that we’re always in compliance with CDC guidelines.
- We supply all caregivers with gloves, N95 masks and KN95 masks, and, in some cases, other personal protective equipment to ensure both the caregiver’s and the senior’s safety
- In order to maximize safety, we limit the number of caregivers per client right from Day 1. We offer hourly and live-in care and the family is always in control, in conjunction with Seniors In Place, of the schedule.
Announcing: Our NEW Rapid Response for Senior Home Care™
An Invitation to Our
Rapid Response for Senior Home Care
When you call our hotline, you will be connected with the appropriate
professional to help guide you and answer your questions
Call Our Hot Line Now – 24 x 7
At Seniors In Place, we understand the confusion around providing care for aging loved ones, even on the most typical of days. In these unprecedented times, however, the need for a quick response from experts in the field is crucial.
Regardless of your questions, an immediate, LIVE response from professionals in the field can be your loved one’s best protection. When there is a crisis or simply questions about in-home or in-facility care, you need answers FAST. Because we understand this firsthand, we have responded.
We have assembled a collaborative team of Senior Case Managers, Registered Nurses, and Certified Home Health Aides, and are using our best practices to provide Rapid Response for Senior Home Care. Our team is ready to respond to your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are here to provide clarity in times of confusion, and help you decide how best to care for your loved one.
President, Seniors In Place, LLC
President, Board of Directors, Home Health Services Association of New Jersey
Trustee, Board of Trustees, Commission on Accreditation for Home Care
Seniors In Place is:
- Regulated by Division of Consumer Affairs, New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, and overseen by New Jersey Board of Nursing
- Accredited with distinction by The Commission on Accreditation for Home Care, the largest accrediting body in the state of New Jersey
- Recognized as New Jersey Family Business of the Year Finalist out of 400 candidates in 2018 and 2019
- Our caregivers are our employees, NOT independent contractors. They are state-certified, insured, receive benefits, and are trained and regularly evaluated in our state-of-the-art continuing education center
IMPORTANT: May 5, 2020
Featured On “Tap Into Springfield”
Certified Home Health Aides are a Life-line on the Front-line of the Covid-19 Pandemic
Today, more than ever, it is critical that our Seniors and At-Risk population receive the care they need to be able to “Shelter In Place” … Safely. New Jersey has always had a robust set of regulations to protect our most vulnerable citizens, but often, in crisis, families do not have the benefit of fully vetting an agency or caregiver to provide their loved one with the support they need most.
IMPORTANT: April 6, 2020
“How To” Resources to Combat Covid-19
Today we have posted additional links to our Resources section. Please scroll down and take a look at an excellent video on how to properly wash you hands. Also there is a link from the CDC on how to make your own Face Covering.
These are excellent resources for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our hotline and speak with a Seniors In Place Registered Nurse.
IMPORTANT: March 24, 2020
New Jersey Testing Centers
Please see the resources section of this page to find a link to New Jersey’s official Covid-19 Testing Center locator.
IMPORTANT: March, 2020
At Seniors In Place, there is nothing more important to us than the health and wellbeing of our clients, caregivers, and staff.
With that in mind, there are some things we would like you to know about the precautions we are taking to minimize the impact of the coronavirus.
- We have a comprehensive policy in place, based upon information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which we review daily.
- Our nursing staff is screening all of our caregivers — both those currently assigned to clients as well as prior to placement.
- We have instituted a strict policy for infection control and hand washing for our entire staff.
- We are continuing to monitor the situation and will act accordingly to ensure the health and safety of our caregivers, client base, and staff.
We believe there is nothing more powerful than correct information. You can find ongoing, important information online at www.cdc.org. In the meantime, we will keep you updated as the situation evolves.
Thank you for being part of our extended family.
President, Seniors In Place